VPS suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPS suggestions please

Hi All, I wish to setup a VPS on my Mac to run Ninja Trader 8 ..... Can anyone recommend size I require and any recommendations ...

Many thanks ahead

Shari

Hello Shari2285​,

Thank you for your post.

Since we are not officially affiliated, we cannot make recommendations regarding setting up a VPS.

There are a handful of third-party VPS providers that would allow you to run NinjaTrader on a remote server. Here is a link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website with search results for third-party VPS providers. You can find more information about these companies by visiting their websites and contacting them directly:The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.​​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your response, I did find that link in another post. Have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by Shari2285 View Post
        Hi All, I wish to setup a VPS on my Mac to run Ninja Trader 8 ..... Can anyone recommend size I require and any recommendations ...

Many thanks ahead

Shari
        We specialize in providing VPS service for Mac to run NinjaTrader 8, and can help you with everything you need.

We also provide unlimited 1:1 on demand screen sharing help as well as tech help with the NinjaTrader itself, including errors and 3rd party addons. Visit our website www.ninjamobiletrader.com or send us an email to [email protected] and we'll be happy to teach any Mac user how to use our VPS with their Mac with NinjaTrader (old Macs pre Catalina also work).
        Vendor_NT_Mobile
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

If you need to trade from MAC, Windows, Linux, Phone (iPhone/Android) on the Windows VPS with Ninjatrader installed, check our VPS: https://mangohost.net/vps/trading/ninjatrader

Comment

I've never tried mango host but from their website it says they use the Intel Xeons for CPU, which II have found to be very slow with NinjaTrader because I've tried other companies like chart vps and forexvps that use the same CPU, and it has always been an absolute disaster with my 3rd party addons on Ninja.

I've spent a lot of time and money over the years experimenting with different VPS companies, and for anyone that wants to learn from my experience and save themselves the money from blowing up accounts, NinjaMobileTrader VPS has been the only VPS that can actually run custom vendor addons without freezing and lagging.

They've also helped me with setting up a local network for copying trades between multiple prop firms, because they actually know NinjaTrader and include unlimited screen sharing support to help with it, unlike every other company that just says to ask someone else for help with NinjaTrader

Comment

Originally posted by Shari2285 View Post

Many thanks ahead

Shari
              Hey, Shari2285
              If you need a VPS I can provide you a Optimizing NinjaTrader Performance with the Power of Virtual Private Servers
              VPS Hosting for NinjaTrader. 99.9% uptime advanced. ✅️ Buy VPS NinjaTrader server best price. VPS for NinjaTrader. Reliable servers and 24/7 support.

All ports're open, no restrictions with software and bandwidth.
              AvaHost
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - AvaHost

Comment

Originally posted by AvaHost View Post

Hey, Shari2285
                If you need a VPS I can provide you a Optimizing NinjaTrader Performance with the Power of Virtual Private Servers
                VPS Hosting for NinjaTrader. 99.9% uptime advanced. ✅️ Buy VPS NinjaTrader server best price. VPS for NinjaTrader. Reliable servers and 24/7 support.

All ports're open, no restrictions with software and bandwidth.
                Thanks but it says your data center is in Moldova, Central Europe and I trade Nasdaq and S&P futures, so the Chicago data centers with ninjamobiletrader VPS are still much better even with the higher cost because it more than pays for itself with huge savings on slippage by running it on ninjatrader vps.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post
                  I've never tried mango host but from their website it says they use the Intel Xeons for CPU, which II have found to be very slow with NinjaTrader because I've tried other companies like chart vps and forexvps that use the same CPU, and it has always been an absolute disaster with my 3rd party addons on Ninja.

I've spent a lot of time and money over the years experimenting with different VPS companies, and for anyone that wants to learn from my experience and save themselves the money from blowing up accounts, NinjaMobileTrader VPS has been the only VPS that can actually run custom vendor addons without freezing and lagging.

They've also helped me with setting up a local network for copying trades between multiple prop firms, because they actually know NinjaTrader and include unlimited screen sharing support to help with it, unlike every other company that just says to ask someone else for help with NinjaTrader
                  We have also the Ryzen VPS or Dedicated Server for Trading. Of course, if you use VPS with 1 core you will face some lags. For example, cheapest dedicated server will be way faster than VPS.

Comment

One of the problems I had using a VPS was the lag. I'm based in Singapore, if I use a server in Chicago the lag for charting for day trading wasn't feasible. There was too much delay moving charts around, the crosshairs didn't move smoothly, drawing trend lines support and resistance was cumbersome. Wouldn't matter if I used a dedicated server or not, it wouldn't change the ping times.
                    221.894ms 221.821ms 221.997ms 0.041ms
                    I now use a server based in Singapore and use limit orders to make sure I get the best fills. If I miss out so be it, plenty more opportunities. Charting now is the same as if I'm using my own desktop (local machine)
                    Last edited by AndyM; 05-31-2024, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

Thanks but it says your data center is in Moldova, Central Europe and I trade Nasdaq and S&P futures, so the Chicago data centers with ninjamobiletrader VPS are still much better even with the higher cost because it more than pays for itself with huge savings on slippage by running it on ninjatrader vps.
                      Yes, sure! Some users purchase a VPS, for example, to be close to the Asian market, where the latency is much lower. In any case, of course it's your choice
                      AvaHost
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - AvaHost

Comment

I've been running on VPS from ninjamobiletrader.com for over 2 years and never had an issue, they even helped set me up with a local network to trade copy between multiple Rithmic prop firms and helped with all the setup.

Everyone in my discord groups is also using ninjamobiletrader vps, so feels good and it pays for itself because i get no more slippage on my copied orders to multiple accounts, which is very important when trading 20 accounts + other funded trader companies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sofortune, Today, 02:31 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sofortune  
                        Started by sofortune, Today, 01:55 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sofortune