Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Market Data Available to Drive the Simulation Engine

Hello,

I have downloaded the Historical and Market Replay data via my "NinjaTrader Continuum (Demo)" account for the past 30 days, for MES and MNQ as you can see below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	1225723

But when I disconnect from my demo connection to the playback connection, I cannot put on any trades. When I click on "Historical", I get the following error:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	1225721

And When I click on "Market Reply", the data is there but when I push the buy/sell buttons, I get the following error:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1225722

How can I fix this and place orders / backrest using historical market data?​​
    Last edited by rezamerik; 11-30-2022, 10:58 PM.

Hello rezamerik,

Thank you for your post.
    You may want to check the data that has been downloaded.

The demo accounts (like the one you are using) expire after 14 days and would no longer provide data after this demo period.
    If this is your only data provider, I suspect the historical data downloads are no longer working. It may be necessary to find another data provider, if you intend to use historical data for playback.

In the Historical Data window, there is a 'Edit' tab, which lists the data downloaded for each instrument (Historical/Playback).
    I suggest that you refer to this tab to see which days have been downloaded already, then set your dates in the 'Playback' window to match what is available.
    Market Replay data can be downloaded from our servers, without connecting to another data provider, however you do have to specify the instrument for the download, and download each day you intend to use for playback.

Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Eduardo thanks for your reply. I do have the historical data (downloaded it through NJ Continuum data provider), as you can see below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	294
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1225819

My issue is that this does not show up when I change my connection to "Playback". Any thoughts?

Comment

I would appreciate a response on this!

Comment

Hello rezamerik,

Thank you for your response.
          Historical playback NinjaTrader relies on historical Tick data.
          If you need to use historical data for playback, please download the tick data (ask/bid/last) first.
          You can check the 'Historical Data' window [Edit tab] to see what tick data is currently available.
          Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Potato Cakes, Today, 05:35 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Potato Cakes  
          Started by ttodua, 06-18-2024, 12:33 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes