Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Unhandled hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Unhandled hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1

Hi,

My computer crashed and when I started it, I got this message from Ninja, and was unable to start:
    Error Unhandled exception: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1

I moved my Workspaces and started NT with "Ctrl" pressed.

I had to configure again my real account and my RealTime connection and also enter the Key.

Where can I find my old configuration like: HotKeys, predefined TimeFrames, predefined templates etc?

Hello artson,

Thank you for your post!

This error indicates that there is a corrupted XML file within the platform somewhere. Since there are a number of different types of XML files that are used in NinjaTrader, it's important to test and figure out exactly where the issue is coming from. More often than not, it's likely coming from a corrupt workspace but that is not always the case.

Please perform each test below and once NinjaTrader has opened like Normal as expected, you have found where the file is located.

Start with the First test and work your way down. Once NinjaTrader opens as expected, you do not need to perform any other steps beneath that point.

Test Core NinjaTrader files:

Please close NinjaTrader and then hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click to open NinjaTrader. Keep the Ctrl key held down until you see the splash screen show "Safe mode".
    • If NinjaTrader opened in Safe Mode, this lets us know the Core files are okay and it is something else.
    • If NinjaTrader will not open in Safe Mode, you will want to uninstall and then reinstall NinjaTrader

Test the Workspace files:

If NinjaTrader opened in Safe mode, Close the platform and then perform the steps below before reopening:
    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder, Click and drag the "workspaces" folder to your Desktop and drop it there
    • Open NinjaTrader like normal now without holding the Ctrl key
    • Does the Platform open?
      • If Yes, this means the Workspace that NinjaTrader was trying to open to was corrupted and you will need to delete it
        • That doesn't mean all of the Workspaces are corrupted.
        • You could manually drag the Workspace files from where they are at on the desktop back to their original location within the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder
      • If No, this means the corruption lies elsewhere

Test the Database file:
    • If NinjaTrader didn't open after moving the Workspace files, you can move that whole folder back to put the Workspaces back
    • Now, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db > NinjaTrader.sdf
    • Drag the "NinjaTrader.sdf" file to your Desktop and drop it there
    • Try to open NinjaTrader like Normal again. Does it open?
      • If Yes, this means the Database file was corrupted and you will need continue using the new one that was just made
      • If No, this means the corruption lies elsewhere

Test the Config file:
    • If NinjaTrader didn't open after moving the Database file, you can move that back to put the trade history back
    • Now, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > config.xml
    • Drag the "confix.xml" file to your Desktop and drop it there
    • Try to open NinjaTrader like Normal again. Does it open?
      • If Yes, this means the Config file was corrupted and you will need to continue using the new one and re-enter your License Key and Connection information
      • If No, please let us know so we may provide further steps and information

Once you have NinjaTrader up and running again, I strongly advise you to make backup files regularly to avoid losing information should this occur in the future:Feel free to always contact NinjaTrader's Platform Support team via email at PlatformSupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com should you experience an issue performing any of these tests.​
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kennedy,

I managed to run again NT.
      I'll try to do regular backups in the future.

Could you please tell me the location of these files with the templates, hotkeys, etc....

Comment

Hello artson,

The Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > templates folder contains folders for template files for different aspects of the platform such as Chart Templates, ATM Strategies, Indicators, Trading Hours, Commission templates, etc.

The Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > UI file contains your Hot Key settings.

Please let me know if further assistance is needed!
        Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TanyaD, 06-17-2024, 10:07 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TanyaD
        by TanyaD

Started by smartromain, Today, 11:02 PM
        0 responses