Data Re-loads Every Time and Indicator is Altered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Re-loads Every Time and Indicator is Altered

Why does Ninja Trader download new data every time I make an adjustment to an indicator?

Hello BigRol00,

Thank you for your note.

If the indicator loads additional data, I would expect that to be reloaded when the indicator parameters are adjusted. I would not expect chart data to be reloaded. When changes are made to an indicator's parameters, it will need to cycle through all data on the chart again in order to recalculate with the new values.

Could you supply a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Nope the indicator does not load additional data. This is a major problem, every time any indicator is changed, Ninja Trader reloads ALLLLLLL the data.

Comment

Hello BigRol00,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be expected that all indicators applied to a chart would recalculate if changes are made to any one indicator. We do have an existing feature request to only have the indicator that has been changed reload when changes are made. I've added a vote on your behalf to this request, which is being tracked under the number SFT-1726.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This should not even be a feature request, this is a performance issue, a huge one. Beside All the Indicators recalculating, All the Data is downloaded again as well. This is just not good enough, the platform is literally unusable. Ninja Trader should advertise as a platform that can only trade on instrument as trying tom load anything else is virtually impossible. Let me tell you, I am part of a large group and there is a lot of unhappiness with Ninja Trader, many go back to Sierra. Their support is rude and not as good as yours, but their platform is Far Far Superior. Honestly Reasonable Loading times is a Feature request is it? Joke...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rjm1903, Today, 04:14 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rjm1903
          by rjm1903

Started by sidlercom80, 04-05-2021, 09:27 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes