Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Did something happen to the chart rendering calculation between 8.0.26.1 and 8.1.1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello WHICKED,

This was tested on the ES 09-24 while connected to NinjaTrader Brokerage for real-time data.

If this is happening specifically during high volume, I would suspect you are having a performance issue with the specific machine. This may not be related to a bug with the platform.

Below is a link to a forum post about performance.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah - and already did all that and STILL have the issue - updated drivers etc etc.

and how many times have I stated. this was NOT an issue on 8.0.26.1 - using the exact same code - same layout that I gave you.

You need to put this on NQ during lots of volatility and you will see the flashing. Like I have said over and over again - this did not happen on 8.0.26.1 only on 8.0.27.x and higher did this show up. And that has also be re-iterated multiple times by VENDORS and non-vendors in this thread.

The difference here is NT versions, not the code that we are programming. Every single person that has seen this issue DID NOT see it in 8.0.26.x - they started seeing it from 8.0.27.x and onward.

SO - now tell me with all of us having different machines and hardware and code - etc and we all are seeing the same issue - the only commonality is.... the NT platform.

Comment

heres even a video using the unirenko and the inbuild indicators from the chart template above - you can see as the market starts 'moving' things start to render improperly and the main panel rescales 'flashes' then returns - price markers do not render from time to time and change colors.

again - this issue WAS NOT observed in 8.0.26.1 - it started happening on 8.0.27.x and beyond.

Examples at timestamp 2:50, 3:30, 4:30, 4:40,

Last edited by WHICKED; 06-20-2024, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

There is a massive amount of indicators on these charts in your screenshot which is likely to over utilize the CPU and cause performance issues.
          If the issue is over performance on this specific computer it would be advised to reduce the indicators running in the workspace.

Please try closing all open workspaces.

In a new workspace open a new blank chart with no template applied.

Add only the manually drawn line.

Duplicate the tab into a new window 10 times.

Are you able to reproduce?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello WHICKED,

There is a massive amount of indicators on these charts in your screenshot which is likely to over utilize the CPU and cause performance issues.
            If the issue is over performance on this specific computer it would be advised to reduce the indicators running in the workspace.

Please try closing all open workspaces.

In a new workspace open a new blank chart with no template applied.

Add only the manually drawn line.

Duplicate the tab into a new window 10 times.

Are you able to reproduce?
            this response does not matter - as stated prior even with all of these indicators added to the chart - version 8.0.26.1 did not have the chart rescale issue. If you are saying its a performance issue - then why on that old version did the rescale not happen?

You get the point? SOMETHING in the internal workings of NinjaTrader between version 8.0.26.1 and 8.0.27.x BROKE the charting implementation.

Even with a reduced amount of draw objects (which has been mentioned by other vendors and other people on this thread) there is STILL the rescale issue. It does not matter about the amount - its that something in the drawing process was CHANGED.

You wanted an example - I gave you an video of it doing it - i gave you the exact chart template that is able to replicate the behavior.

Your statement of its a performance issue is all good and fine, but that does not explain why it was not present in 8.0.26 and started in 8.0.27.

Now your developers have a example of the problem - NOW they can look at it.

Comment

WHICKED I've never seen flashing on the main panel. For me it's always indicator panels. Interesting. Well, at least we have a video of it.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I will let our development know that users feel something is causing a flashing issue in 8.1.3.0 that was not present in 8.0.26.1 without providing steps to reproduce.

If they are able to discover something, a bug report will be created.

Note, without the minimum steps to reproduce, it may not be possible for this to be corrected.

Let me know if you would like to provide steps for me to reproduce so that I can enter a bug report to expedite this getting corrected.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I will let our development know that users feel something is causing a flashing issue in 8.1.3.0 that was not present in 8.0.26.1 without providing steps to reproduce.

If they are able to discover something, a bug report will be created.

Note, without the minimum steps to reproduce, it may not be possible for this to be corrected.

Let me know if you would like to provide steps for me to reproduce so that I can enter a bug report to expedite this getting corrected.
                  as mentioned prior - open with Unirenko set the settings as shown in my prior post. Apply the chart template that I attached.

Set it to NQ. and then let the charts update/render and you will start seeing the render issues - rescaling etc. As Leeroy stated - they see it on the panels and not the main panel - I have seen it happen on both main panel and individual indicator panels - typically they all 'rescale/flash' at the same time.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I the template you have provided in post # 72 causes errors as there are indicators I don't have.

To confirm, the behavior absolutely cannot be reproduced without the template?
                    (If so, we would need to rule out the template being the cause of the behavior.)

Also, the amount of indicators could be causing a performance issue.
                    When the flashing occurs are you able to smoothly scroll the chart? (If not, the CPU is overloaded and the number of indicators needs to be reduced)
                    Is this not possible to reproduce without the massive amount of indicators? (This would also indicate an overloaded CPU)

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I the template you have provided in post # 72 causes errors as there are indicators I don't have.

To confirm, the behavior absolutely cannot be reproduced without the template?
                      (If so, we would need to rule out the template being the cause of the behavior.)

Also, the amount of indicators could be causing a performance issue.
                      When the flashing occurs are you able to smoothly scroll the chart? (If not, the CPU is overloaded and the number of indicators needs to be reduced)
                      Is this not possible to reproduce without the massive amount of indicators? (This would also indicate an overloaded CPU)
                      Yes - the chart can be moved freely left and right - they are not lagging behind.

Regardless of number of indicators etc. - this rescale issue happens as others have stated. The template that was given is an example and makes the issue producible - even with some of the indicators not attached you would still see the issue.

Weird how the statement of 8.0.26.x did not have this issue seems to be overlooked. Why would it all the sudden start having issues after 8.0.26.x ?

unless - there were changes on NT's side...

mentioning of performance issues - top of the line machine - fastest CPU available single threaded and still its a CPU issue?

If its a CPU issue then why after 8.0.26.x did this issue start happening? That statement would not make sense.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I can confirm I have supported users with performance issues with 8.0.26 and previous.
                        It has been common problem even back in much earlier versions.
                        The forum page on performance I've linked was posted in 2019 while 8.0.26.0 was released in 2022.
                        Yes, even the fastest computers will eventually overload the single logical processor all of the indicators are running on once enough scripts are demanding CPU resources.
                        Note, that all indicators running on the same instrument are running from the same instrument thread and will all be utilizing a single logical processor of the CPU.

"Yes - the chart can be moved freely left and right - they are not lagging behind."
                        Just to confirm, the chart can be scrolled smoothly while the flashing is occurring at the same time?
                        Are you able to reproduce without the multitude of indicators added?
                        Can you reproduce using the earlier steps you have directed me to take with just the unirenko and a single drawing object on each chart?
                        Or is there a specific indicator that when added once to a chart, with no other workspaces open or other charts in the workspace, can reproduce?

We need to verify the issue is not a performance issue and we don't need a large amount of running indicators to reproduce so that we know we are looking at a bug with the platform.
                        Then we will need minimum steps so that I can reproduce so that I make a bug report.

If don't have these to make a bug report, I've noted our development about a possible issue with no steps to reproduce, so they can investigate.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I can confirm I have supported users with performance issues with 8.0.26 and previous.
                          It has been common problem even back in much earlier versions.
                          The forum page on performance I've linked was posted in 2019 while 8.0.26.0 was released in 2022.
                          Yes, even the fastest computers will eventually overload the single logical processor all of the indicators are running on once enough scripts are demanding CPU resources.
                          Note, that all indicators running on the same instrument are running from the same instrument thread and will all be utilizing a single logical processor of the CPU.

"Yes - the chart can be moved freely left and right - they are not lagging behind."
                          Just to confirm, the chart can be scrolled smoothly while the flashing is occurring at the same time?
                          Are you able to reproduce without the multitude of indicators added?
                          Can you reproduce using the earlier steps you have directed me to take with just the unirenko and a single drawing object on each chart?
                          Or is there a specific indicator that when added once to a chart, with no other workspaces open or other charts in the workspace, can reproduce?

We need to verify the issue is not a performance issue and we don't need a large amount of running indicators to reproduce so that we know we are looking at a bug with the platform.
                          Then we will need minimum steps so that I can reproduce so that I make a bug report.

If don't have these to make a bug report, I've noted our development about a possible issue with no steps to reproduce, so they can investigate.
                          the ticket should be opened - multiple people have replicated the issue and appears to not be with a lot of drawing objects. QuantKey_Bruce, Leeroy_Jenkins, all of these that have wrote in have seen the issue on their platforms.

This may be an old issue - but the rescale/flicker - that was not apparent prior to 8.0.27.x.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I understand. I've let our development know to be on the look out for flashing charts.

Note, I won't be able to report a performance issue in a bug report.

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

I understand. I've let our development know to be on the look out for flashing charts.

Note, I won't be able to report a performance issue in a bug report.
                              Is there a tracking/ticket number associated with this?

Comment

Hello WHICKED,

There is not a tracking ID for this. I've just let one of the developers know that a forum user is stating there is flashing behavior that I am not able to reproduce and to keep a look out for.

They have let me know they will keep an eye out and if I am able to determine the issue is not a performance related issue and am able to provide reproducible steps to submit a bug report with those steps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by edward_steve12, Today, 02:25 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post edward_steve12  
                                Started by joseph_kuruvilla12, Today, 01:01 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes