Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator plot candlestick instead of line on close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator plot candlestick instead of line on close

I have an indicator that I like to use, and I have it set to update on Price Change instead of just the close. It can bounce around quite a bit even on a 5 min chart, especially at the market open. Yet, I only end up with the closing price forming a line. I would really like to see the whole range of movement for the indicator during each bar just like a candlestick chart of the instrument. I realize I will need to turn on Tick Replay in order to populate the historical indicator candlestick bars. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Hello HarvOS,

Thank you for your post.

The indicator values are anchored to the data series used for input. If you would like to see more granular updates plotted on the chart, you will need to add a smaller data series to the chart. You can make the bars of the added series transparent and plot it in the same panel as the primary series if you'd like. We have a video on our YouTube channel that shows how to plot indicators on a "hidden" data series here:

Tick Replay likely isn't needed in this case as having a smaller data series will allow the indicator to plot more points on the chart. For more information regarding Tick Replay:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses