Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Deriving VPOC on an indicator to create a filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deriving VPOC on an indicator to create a filter

I am trying to create a scanner which can find me the instruments / stocks that meet following criteria
    1. Todays open is above yesterday's VPOC &
    2. Current price is within 0.1% of yesterday's VPOC
    I dont see yesterday's VPOC as a variable that i can select from? Is there a sample code / syntax which can i used to derive the VPOC from yesterday?

Hi Percy, thanks for writing in. It will depend on the exact indicator or bar type you are using. If you are using our OrderFlow+ Volumetric bars, you can add a daily Volumetric series. I have an example on how to add a secondary Volumentric series here:

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris. Is there a way to fetch the value area high and value area low as well?

Comment

Hi percy, thanks for the follow up. All the values that are possible the get by default are documented here:

The volume area is not provided, but we do have this script that can be studied:

This is a conversion of the DValueArea. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 10th, 2021: An improperly implemented timespan was causing xml errors in the Strategy Builder

Kind regards.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Can we plz add this as a feature request? Free softwares like think or swim have this data easily available by click of few buttons and allows us to scan across multiple instruments. Will be great to have this functionality within our favorite NinjaTrader8.

We hopefully can Volume Profile data points in creating strategies by using the ninja trader UI. Eg. go long if current bars close crosses above VAH or VAL or VPOC etc.​

Comment

Hi percy3687, thanks for your reply. There is an existing feature request that I will add a vote to for you. The tracking ID is:
            SFT-4265

This is a request to make all Volume Profile data through a NinjaScript object.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM