Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader Brokerage Account and DLL Interface Functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader Brokerage Account and DLL Interface Functions

Hello,

I'm working with the DLL interface and attempting to use those related functions (from here) with an NT Brokerage Account. I have no issue using Sim Accounts and Interactive Broker accounts, but any time I use the DLL functions with an NT Brokerage Account, it appears there's no recognition of the account - the functions don't work. For example, Client.MarketPosition("ES 03-22", "NT Brokerage Account String") doesn't return a value, and no error is given.

So far, I've been manually plugging in accounts as strings into DLL functions, since I don't know if there's any way to access a list of current accounts. I don't know why the issue would be specific to NT Brokerage, but my account name associated with them contains spaces. I've tried using spaces, underscores, and no spaces within the account string, but none of these solutions appear to work. I've also exported the account grid and copy-pasted the account string from the xls file. No luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

---------------------
    EDIT: Problem solved. Yes, the displayed account name does not always match the backend account name used in Ninjascript/DLL functions. For anyone having issues determining the account name on an NT Brokerage account (or any account), you can solve this by finding account names using something like the following:

Code:
    private Account myAccount;
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    for(int i=0;i<Account.All.Count;i++)
    {
    myAccount = Account.All[i];
    Print(myAccount.Name);
    }
    }
    Last edited by Elynt; 01-11-2022, 04:55 AM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post cls71
by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
3 responses
1 like