Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

UniRenko Bar Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UniRenko Bar Type

Hi NT,

Just a basic question on the UniRenko bar type.

How do I call the 'Tick Trend' and 'Tick Reversal' fields?

ie. if (Tick Trend == 50)
    // do something

if (Tick Reversal == 100)
    // do something

Please see the attached image.

Thanks
    Irv

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	262
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1175400

Hello ij001,

Thanks for your post.

I've attached an example of how you can pull the values. It will print to the new>Ninjascript output window when you apply the indicator to a Unirenko bar chart.

UnirenkoReadSettingsExample.zip

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello ij001,

Thanks for your post.

I've attached an example of how you can pull the values. It will print to the new>Ninjascript output window when you apply the indicator to a Unirenko bar chart.

[ATTACH]n1175406[/ATTACH]

Hi Paul,

Would it be possible within the volumetric bar type, to add the unirenko bars as a new base period type?

My preference is UniRenko bars as opposed to Range charts.

Please attached.

Thanks Irv
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Irv,

Thanks for your post.

No at present the Volumetric bar type code is not exposed so nothing can be added to it. Please note that the Unirenko bar is not created by NinjaTrader.

I will create a feature request to add a Unirenko type to the Volumetric Bar selection.

If this feature request already exists, your vote would be added to it.

In either event, once it has been entered into our system I will update this thread with that number which you can reference in the future.

Please note that it make take some time to get the request entered before we get the assigned number.

Feature Request Disclaimer
        We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
        When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
        Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello Irv,

Thanks for your post.

No at present the Volumetric bar type code is not exposed so nothing can be added to it. Please note that the Unirenko bar is not created by NinjaTrader.

I will create a feature request to add a Unirenko type to the Volumetric Bar selection.

If this feature request already exists, your vote would be added to it.

In either event, once it has been entered into our system I will update this thread with that number which you can reference in the future.

Please note that it make take some time to get the request entered before we get the assigned number.

Feature Request Disclaimer
          We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.
          When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.
          Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
          Hi Paul,

To clarify, could a third party programmer do this or is it not possible because it is not exposed?

If possible, I can contact who I deal with

Thanks Irvin

Comment

Hello Irv,

Thanks for your reply.

The Volumetric code is not exposed (even I can't see it).

If you are wanting to see the volumes at price on the bar like the volumetric then likely a 3rd party programmer could do it. In terms of the bar statistics, I would suspect that can be done as well.

I will ask our vendor support team to provide a link to 3rd party programmers you can contact in the Ninjatrader ecosystem.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
              You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
              Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses