Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to apply strategy to a live account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to apply strategy to a live account

Hello:
    How do I apply strategy to a specific live account ? It keeps on going to SIM101 account when I add a strategy to using a tab from main window and enable it.
    Thanks

Hello mtamaku,

To be able to select a live account you need to make sure global simulation mode is off so the live account appears in the account selection. Please do the following:

Go to Control Center > Tools > Global Simulation Mode and uncheck it.

To confirm that was the issue go to the control center strategies tab, right click > new strategy > check if the live account is listed in the strategies account selection dropdown list.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it is already off. and I have both live and sim active in my trading .

Comment

Hello mtamaku,

As long as global simulation mode is off and you can see the live account in the account selection drop down list in any of the tools like chart trader that would be all that is needed. The strategy account selector will then let you select the live account after creating a new instance of the strategy. If you already have strategies in the control center using the Sim101 you would have to remove those instances and add a new one to see the live account as a selection.

Comment

ok found it now, It has a live account. Thank you.

Comment

But I still do not see trades being placed based on strategy in the live chart in chart trader.
            Also I see the Enabled strategy is in Yellow color vs Green when active.
            Last edited by mtamaku; 05-29-2024, 12:34 PM.

Comment

hello mtamaku,

Do you see any live trades in the control center orders tab or if you view the historical performance for the strategy do you see any trades?

Comment

hello:
                I would like to know the check list of steps so that I see the strategy placing trades on a chart trader on a live account when market is moving during the daytime.
                My strategy is working fine when I do the BACKTEST using strategy analyzer and it is showing results on charts, trades and in Analysis.
                Thank

Attached Files
                Last edited by mtamaku; 05-29-2024, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Hello mtamaku,

To see live trades using chart trader you need to have the same account selected that the strategy is using. If the strategy places live trades the order lines will appear on the chart.

The warning you posted a picture of would be unrelated to seeing the order lines, only live orders will appear with the chart trader.

Comment

Hello:
                    I see 4 trades placed between 9AM to 10AM as per my strategy but I am not able to see them in live chart even I have turned on Display marker or text to see the actual trades.
                    Yes I have the same account selected in strategy and also in the chart trader.
                    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	9
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1305421

Comment

Hello mtamaku,

Where are you viewing that information? Is that in the control center orders or executions tab or is that the strategies performance report?

Did you apply the strategy directly to the chart? The text and marker setting is only used if you applied the strategy to the chart, if you used the control center strategies tab to apply the strategy it won't show any of the strategies text or markers. You would only see executions if the chart trader was open with the account selected but no lines connecting trades or text.

The text and marker setting also does not control the order lines you see with chart trader, the chart trader order lines only show while an order is active in realtime. Once the order fills the lines go away.

Comment

Ok this helped. Now I see orders being placed in real time when I applied the strategy on the chart trader...Thank you so much. Appreciated,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by lcgamarra_pinnacle, Today, 09:33 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post lcgamarra_pinnacle  
                        Started by MokhtarVerdi, Today, 07:21 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post MokhtarVerdi