Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heikin Ashi - Accurate Download - Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heikin Ashi - Accurate Download - Close

I have downloaded the Heikin Ashi Accurate from the ecosystem but I notice something is off about the OHLC as displayed on the chart versus entry. I tried reading up on this but my questions were not answered in any of the threads I've seen so far.

I have made a generic entry script that simply enters short based on a simple price action. No stop market order or limit order, just enter at the open of the next bar. Now, I am aware that open is rendered on the chart as the middle of the last bar but that is not issue. My issue is that the entry should be at the actual open which would be the close of the last bar I believe. However, it is nowhere close.

I have attached a photo that shows an entry (bottom arrow in the photo) that should enter upon close of the last bar (top arrow in the photo) and as you can see, it enters way further down. How is this possible? This is not random. It does very often. Many timne the entry is close to the close of the previous bar, but far too many times it is not. Heikin Ashi (and only on NT) is the only bar that varies this much from the rendered bar on an entry.

Please help me understand.
    Last edited by smcllr; 04-13-2024, 03:42 PM.

Hello smcllr,

Thanks for your post.

The Open of a bar may not always be the same price as the Close of the previous bar.

To understand how your script is behaving, you should add debugging prints to the script that prints out the Open price of the Current bar and the Close price of the previous bar to see how they are evaluating. Also, add prints that print out the price you are submitting the order to for comparison.

See this NinjaTrader Support article detailing Debugging using Print() and TraceOrders: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...nd-TraceOrders

Further, note that Heiken Ashi bars may appear to plot the Open, High, Low, and Close of price within a specified time period, similar to Candlestick bars. However, these bars use unique formulas to calculate OHLC values based on mathematical averages. This information could be found on the help guide page below.

Bar Types: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...HeikenAshiBars
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    123 responses
    1 like
    Last Post SilverSurfer1  
    Started by warpinator, Yesterday, 10:44 AM
    2 responses