potential issue with CMF indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

potential issue with CMF indicator

I want to bring something to everyone's attention: I was looking at the June contract for Gold (see attached chart) and noticed that the CMF (Chaikin Money Flow) was below zero in late January of this year, after price had broken resistance, made higher highs and was obviously in bull mode. Puzzled by this negative reading on the CMF, I compared the NT chart with a similar chart on Stockcharts.com and found that their CMF (same setting of 12) gave a better signal, being well above zero, as you'd think it should be.
    I'm using Kinetick's data for Ninjatrader, so you'd think it would be good, but maybe not. Anyway, it's just worrisome, and I thought I'd point it out in case other folks have had similar problems.
    Incidentally, the CMF, as most of you know, uses both price and volume in its calculation, whereas indicators like the MACD only look at price. For price-only indicators, the differences between Ninjatrader and Stockcharts are so minor as to be imperceptible. The difficulty seems to come when you add volume into the calculation. So, just a heads up (and one more reason why some of the best traders don't use indicators at all!).
    Tasuki
    Attached Files

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post burtoninlondon  
Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
0 responses
0 likes