Entry sizes not correct for Zip64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry sizes not correct for Zip64

While attempting to import a custom strategy, I get the following error message...

Code:
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=Arial]"Import failed: ‘C:\ ....\filename.zip’ is likely corrupt and can’t be imported: Entry sizes not correct for Zip64”
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Any ideas what's up?

ran into this today and thought to update the thread for anyone else that has the same issue

from what I have found the message means that there is a problem with the zip archive.

what I have found to work in my case is to unzip the zip contents and using winrar or some other zip program, recreate the zip archive. then try and import again.

Comment

Hi AnotherTrader,

onnb1 is correct, in this can sometimes repair a corrupted .zip file and allow for import.

Or you can try deleting the file, clearing your temporary internet files, and re-downloading it.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm currently running into this issue with a customer. I've tried re-exporting from NinjaTrader 7 (x.40) multiple times. I've tried to unzip and re-zip multiple times. I tried using WinRAR and 7-ZIP. Is there any special setting that the ZIP file needs? Anything else I can try?

EDIT: After about 7 different versions (including a freshly exported version), I found a version using WinRAR that worked. Why is NT7 so picky compared to NT8 when it comes to ZIP files? It really makes vendors look bad!
        Last edited by neoikon; 04-13-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Are you doing any modifications to the zip after exporting it like adding resources? Generally using winrar or 7zip will not save the zip in the right format, you can instead just use windows explorer to drag files into the zip to avoid any problems with the external zip software.

This could also be caused if the user is not downloading the file correctly/it is corrupt after being downloaded. Have you tried getting it to them in another way such as attaching it to an email or through skype (not sure what has been tried)?

Another test would be to make a quick dummy indicator and export that instead to see if that can be imported. That could help to see if this somehow relates to the other zip/ its content.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, there is a resource I add to the ZIP file. With NT7, using Windows Explorer never works (it works with NT8, though). That was my original attempt, then I forgot that it always fails on NT7. So, I tried 7-ZIP, that failed. I tried a fresh export without adding the resource, that failed. So, I tried again with WinRAR and that was successful.

Unfortunately, attaching ZIP files to emails is very difficult now, since many providers strip them off (including gmail). I am forced to use my own website as a download location. I wish there was a better method of distribution/updates, that NinjaTrader provided for vendors.

Why is NT7 so picky with ZIP files compared to NT8?

Comment

Hello neoikon,

I am unaware of any issues surrounding adding of resources or differences between nt7 and nt8 export/resources, the suggested means to include resources is to drag them in with windows explorer. This has been the same process between platforms and is the same documentation for both. The only addition in NT8 is that it can select more types including dll references to generate the text file that is needed.

What type of resource is it that you are trying to add? We could try to test that on our end to see if there is a difference or a problem but I would need a test scenario and if there is a specific type of file that fails I would likely need a sample of that file.

Depending on the type of files in zip some email providers may block that, generally if dlls are included that is blocked as dlls are often a malicious type of file to receive through email.

If you have the ability to host your own files and you are also a vendor that would likely be suggested for your clients to have a central location for your product, otherwise dropbox or any file sharing service would be a much better alternative to email which is very restrictive.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
              0 responses
              1 view