Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Installation screwed Up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Installation screwed Up

    I've had a stable NT7 for years. Now I can't compile any indicators.

    A) While browsing the internet (with NT running), I picked up a malware program - some kind of fake security suite. It posted an error 1000 to the event viewer from module ntdll.dll

    B) I rebooted and cleared the malware with AVG

    C) On relaunching NT, my charts had lost all indicators.

    D) I ran a Restore (from 4 days ago) to regain the workspaces. It completed but said some indicators had programming errors

    E) When I compile now, I get a CS0246 which I think is an assembly reference

    F) I'm thinking either the malware or the restore corrupted my installation of NT

    What do you recommend I do?

    #2
    All of the errors are from the NT generated code. It seems that about 90% of some 1000 total programs are affected.

    I am at a loss for what to do. I've done the uninstall and reinstall ver 7.9 now. No joy!!

    Looking for help.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by tquinn View Post
      All of the errors are from the NT generated code. It seems that about 90% of some 1000 total programs are affected.

      I am at a loss for what to do. I've done the uninstall and reinstall ver 7.9 now. No joy!!

      Looking for help.

      Do you have a System Restore point to before today?

      not sure if that will help.

      I just recently installed a new SSD into my laptop and did a fresh system install. You should be able to mount your old HD and copy over the important stuff including NT stuff as last resort.

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks for the reply. Last restore point was 7 days ago. A lot of code work since then. I need to confirm I'm using a fix where I lose as little as possible.

        Hopefully an NT insider will have the fix.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by tquinn View Post
          Thanks for the reply. Last restore point was 7 days ago. A lot of code work since then. I need to confirm I'm using a fix where I lose as little as possible.

          Hopefully an NT insider will have the fix.

          will NT allow you to export to backup your ninjascript indicators and strategies?


          If not, Can you copy your code out of the code folder?


          C:\Users\(username)\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator


          C:\Users\(username)\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy

          ??

          Comment


            #6
            Export/Import are locked out due to the programming errors.

            Yes I have access to the bin/custom folders I removed all my code in order to get a clean install of NT. But when I put my code back in the respective folders and compile the errors return.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by tquinn View Post
              Export/Import are locked out due to the programming errors.

              Yes I have access to the bin/custom folders I removed all my code in order to get a clean install of NT. But when I put my code back in the respective folders and compile the errors return.
              Try moving 5 files at a time, compiled and repeat the process, a lot of pain but you will find the infamous code.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by tquinn View Post
                Export/Import are locked out due to the programming errors.

                Yes I have access to the bin/custom folders I removed all my code in order to get a clean install of NT. But when I put my code back in the respective folders and compile the errors return.
                tquinn, have just replied to your note sent to support directly.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment

                Latest Posts

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TraderCro, Today, 11:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 views
                0 likes
                Last Post TraderCro  
                Started by Dirty Scalper, Today, 11:24 AM
                1 response
                8 views
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by cmv727, Today, 10:38 AM
                1 response
                7 views
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by Adrian1028, Today, 10:52 AM
                1 response
                5 views
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                4 responses
                18 views
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Working...
                X