Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Maybe it would be best I give you a quick call and check this via a remote connection. All I did was putting the NG ##-## on the default list, renaming your txt file to reflect this (NG ##-##.txt) and then importing the data via the Tools > Historical Data > Import command. Then without connecting to any datasource I can pull up the chart of the imported data (using 1st of Sep 08 to 10th of Sep 08 as Range setting, as the data we imported falls into this span).

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    Bertrand - Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your perseverance on this. I tried your last suggestion and could not get it to work. I know you were able to get the data I sent you to work without a connection. If possible, could you reply and/or send me an e-mail with a quick bullet point list of each step you took to make this work?

I checked with the 3rd party provider of the data and he has indicated that no one else has had trouble getting this data to work in NT. So it is obviously something I am missing or not doing during import. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Lawdawg, yes it appears the import was not successfull. I would suggest adding the NG with the ##-## expiry (cont. contract) to your default list in the Instrument Manager and then renaming your datafile to reflect this - NG ##-##.txt - then import it fresh.

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    Thanks for your reply. I am starting to think that I have not imported this data correctly. The data was sent in very large files that I converted to .txt and then used a tool to break down into chunks of 10 mil lines. When I imported these chunks of data I used the latest month for that data (which was for NG 07-09 -- i.e. NGN09). The import indicated that it was successful but when I try to export the data, as you suggested, I get a response that there is no data (for an older date). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Which datarange are you choosing to display then? Does it include the data you imported? Have you doublechecked that all the data is present by exporting it to verify (Tools > Historical Data > Export).

NinjaTrader 7 will add more convenience to this process - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    I get an immediate blank chart.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    With the imported data you provided I can open the chart properly without being connected to a provider at all, which error do you get when trying this disconnected? Or just a blank chart?

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    You are correct that the file I sent was NG 09-08. It was only named NG 07-09 because it came from a huge file I imported into NT that included data up to 07-09. Question:

It seems I can only get a chart created when I am connected to IB. How do I create a chart from my 3rd party historical data offline (i.e. not connected to IB)?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Lawdawg, thanks for the reply - could it be this is data form last year's July NG contract? When I changed the file name to NG 07-08 and imported it, the chart comes up as expected without any connection running. There are some volume errors in the file (<= 0), but those will then be replaced by 1 as volume on import.

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    Viewing 3rd Party Historical Data

Bertrand - I reset the database in NT but the historical data charts are retained in that case, thus I still have problems with data gaps filtering thru from IB. To recap, I have loaded good historical data from a 3rd party. It appears that the IB data is still overriding the newly imported data in 2008 commodity contracts (ex: data gap from IB for SIZ08 - from 9/19/08 to 10/13/08). Is there a way to view imported 3rd party data charts without connecting to IB? If not, is it best to just delete the current NT platform and download a new platform and start over?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Thanks for ringing my bell on this, unfortunately I never got the mail, please check your PM's here on the board and resend the mail to the address given there. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    Bertrand - Have you had a chance to look into this issue? I deleted all historical data on NT and reloaded my 3rd party data. It appears that historical data from my broker (IB - which had missing data) is somehow still in the cache because my reloaded 3rd party data does not appear to be overriding the missing info. Ex: IB data was missing NGV08 from 8/27/08 to 9/25/08. Even after I deleted this history and loaded the data from a 3rd party vendor it is still not showing up. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    Bertrand - I just e-mailed a 3 MB version of the .txt file for your testing. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Lawdawg, please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand as I would like to test this on my end for you. For this I would need the data as well, you can use YouSendIt to send it to me to the above email.

Leave a comment:

• Lawdawg
    replied
    NGV08 - I have problems with both CL and NG for the V08 contract. Rather, IB had problems with both contracts which, in part, caused my to seek 3rd party historical data. I selected dates in early September (the IB feed stopped the data for this contract on 8/28/08.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by frandepaulapr, Today, 04:14 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post frandepaulapr  
Started by ThePicsou, 07-22-2024, 11:36 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post ThePicsou