Changing the scale display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the scale display

I am trying to insert a indicator below the price chart. How can I change the scale of the y-axis so that it does not start from 0.

For example, my indicator is plotting the high of each bar. My 'high' price range for my chart is only 4. And my highest 'high' price is 905. I would like my scale to be 900 to 906 rather than 0 to 906 by default. This way I can see the changes of high across the highs.

Are you trying to insert the indicator in the same panel; panel 1? Or are you trying to insert the indicator in panel 2?

You can modify the Y-axis by click and hold the left mouse button on the right side from the Y-axis and move up or down.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using panel 2. I did try what you said. But it does not allow to change my scale of 0 - 906 to a scale of 900 - 906

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported; you can only modify the Y-axis as mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

But Panel 1 seems to have Y axis closes to current price. i.e., from 859 to 875 rather than from 0 to 875. Why would Panel 2 or other panel can not do that? Is this something going to change in future. If not, please submit this as a feature request. This limit the use of indicator that is displayed on panel other than panel 1.

Comment

In Panel 1, indicators can have AutoScale set to false. This way it just "overlays" onto the price. In Panel 2 setting AutoScale to false will show you the full range of the visible indicator. If it goes down to zero then that is what you will see.

NT7 will bring many charting enhancements that may help.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My indicator NEVER goes to zero, it goes between 900 to 905 because my indicator is just plotting the high of the bar. So do you mean I might have set il.esome options wrong. Because it show me more than the visible range, i.e., starting 0 to 905.

Comment

Can you please ensure you have 'AutoScale' set to False for your indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Can you please ensure you have 'AutoScale' set to False for your indicator.
                  http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...AutoScale.html

No different. I restart Ninja trader from scratch, create a new chart and insert the indicator set the AutoScale = false inside the script as well as in the dialog box of inserting the indicator.

What I see the scale is compress or expanding evenly all both direction (Up and down), it is not useful. It will be more useful if I can hold the mouse and drag and expand or compress from that point onward. For example, I hold my mouse at 900 and start dragging upward to 906. Once I release the mouse, this will be my new y-axis scale - 900 to 906

Comment

Can you please export your custom created indicator and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Nyman, Today, 02:27 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Nyman
                    by Nyman

Started by qewcool, Today, 10:26 AM
                    2 responses