Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistencies/nontransparencies

Hello

I am having some issues with inconsistencies between what I am seeing on one screen and what I am seeing on another. (such as from a live chart and my control center.) Sometimes when I go to a chart while a strategy is running, I click on my account, and although a strategy currently has a position, it does not show up on the chart. Always the numbers are different between the two, and sometimes they don't even go in the correct direction. (I will be in the red on one and in profit on the other)

This situation just happened. I added a brand new strategy to my strategies tab in the control center. started the strategy. A graph showed my position. (+$164) or something like that. I wanted to close the position and clicked stop on the strategy. According to my log, executions, and account performance that trade never happened. Yes they are set on the same account and I was viewing the correct account.

(these are merely to specific examples of inconsistencies, there have been others)

I just don't know how I can trade with all of these strange things happening. What do you think I can do?

The behavior you described is a result of the difference between the strategy position and account position. Please see the following link for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RE:

I understand the difference between an account position and a strategy position. That does not, however, account for straight up errors, missing trades, ect.

These errors are when only one strategy is running on that particular account AND that the strategy has been running for some time. It also does not explain a chart showing -$52 while the control center shows +$79, for example. These are inconsistencies that should not happen, period. Not problems running multiple strategies or upon start up of a strategy.

Comment

Stopping a strategy does not submit orders. You started a strategy and it displayed a position (+$164). This position is a result of the strategy applied to historical data in your chart. Your startegy is in a position, but not the account. This explains why the chart can display a different profit than the Control Center (account).

You stop the strategy and nothing happens, which is as expected. The account was never in a position and thus it was never closed.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mckcrd, Today, 10:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mckcrd
        by Mckcrd

Started by royzech, Today, 09:06 PM
        0 responses