Intellisense or Color objects not Working in NinjaTrader 7 Script Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intellisense or Color objects not Working in NinjaTrader 7 Script Editor

I pull up indicators or stragegies to edit and there is no coloring of the objects nor is there any intellisense help.
    Any ideas?

taddypole

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your post.

This sounds like potentially you might have some missing references in the Editor. If you open any indicator or strategy and compile, do you receive any errors? If so, please take a screenshot with as much of the errors showing as possible and include that with your reply.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried and indicator and compiled it but there was no errors.

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your reply.

I would advise first trying a repair of the software. To complete a repair, first, shut down NinjaTrader, then go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Center. Once there, find NinjaTrader in the list and right click on it, then select "Repair".

If the repair completes successfully, restart NinjaTrader and test.

If the repair encounters an error (it will usually tell you a file cannot be found), it's likely there is an issue with the installation and you'll want to complete a full uninstall and reinstall. I'd also advise trying this if the repair had no effect.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader so we can make sure that no files from the old version's back end may be causing conflicts.
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 7 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
        • Once reinstalled, you will now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents, the old one and the new one. Open two file explorer windows and open the new one in one and the old one in another.
        • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
          • Config.xml and UI.xml
          • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
          • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
          • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
          • bin folder (do not overwrite ANY duplicate files).
        • Once complete, restart NinjaTrader. You may get a few initial errors. Open a NinjaScript Editor and run a compile, then test to see if the highlighting is working.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kate,
          That did the trick. The repair was missing a file like you said might happen and the reinstall fixed everything.
          Thanks again,
          taddypole

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM