Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Volumetrics/OF indicators.: Developed with graphics and not indicator buffers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Volumetrics/OF indicators.: Developed with graphics and not indicator buffers?

Is there anyone who may be able to shed some light on the following? It's my understanding that the NT8 OF indicators and Volumetric parameters were developed using graphical interfaces and not indicator buffers, therefore making it impossible to code an automated NinjaScript strategy without going to great lengths an expense. For example, say I had a set of conditions associated with a range candle of CL, (i.e. single prints on the bid/ask; (stacked) imbalances, and the close of the candle). When specific conditions associated with the criteria are met, a preset ATM strategy entry would be triggered. Would a programmer need to re-create the Volumetrics settings into a strategy to solve the issue with data access? Thanks in advance for any input. Better yet, if anyone can recommend a trustworthy and reliable programmer who's OK signing an NDA I'm all ears. You can send me a PM. Thanks.

Hello TraderJim618,

I'd like to clarify and simply what you are asking..

Are you asking how to call volumetric bar information from a NinjaScript?

Below is a link to the help guide which includes a code example.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello TraderJim618,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

Comment

Hi Chelsea & ChristopherD, thanks for your replies. To answer your question, yes, and I'm also interested in comparing specific Volumetric candle data in a progressive sequencing from candle to candle, along with evaluating imbalances (excessive buying on the offer or selling on the bid) in a candle. A well-respected NT certified programming company responded back to me regarding the design document I submitted and mentioned the following: "We are not ready to take on this project. The main reason is that your project uses the Order Flow indicators. Such indicators are developed using graphics and not indicators buffers, which makes them impossible to use in an automated NinjaScript strategy. We know that it is better not to take the project on rather than accept it and fail." He mentioned there was a workaround, but the cost might exceed $10 grand or more. I'm trying to better understand this scenario.

Comment

Hello TraderJim618,

I'm not entirely certain what this means..

They may be indicating they are not certain of how to call this BarType information as it is not an indicator, its a BarType.

It is possible call the Volumetric Bar values in a NinjaScript Strategy.

Attached is the example from the help guide added to a NinjaScript Strategy.

Is there specific value on the chart that is not available that you would like to make a feature request for the development to consider making available?
          Attached Files
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PhillT
          by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM