Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Screen freeze using UniRenko Universal Renko BarType 8 in latest NT8 Version 8.0.27.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is not related to UniRenko

I upgraded to from 8.0.26.1 to 8.0.27.1 a couple of days ago. My charts are freezing regularly, and when I close Ninjatrader I get the following error: ​ ​ ​I'm struggling to reproduce the issue and I've not been able to narrow it down to any specific indicator. Is there a known issue at the moment?

I am presently stuck on Ninjatrader 8.0.26.1 because of the same problem. And I do not use UniRenko

I would suggest continuing the conversation over in the main thread and merging these conversations. There is no point this being discussed in the third-party app section.

Comment

kevinenergy

Thanks so much for the response. The link you provided was very informative. I have a very wide screen so I try to get multiple charts for 3 instruments all on one screen. Renko, 30 Min, 240 Min and Daily. I think it's just too much so I replicated the freezes multiple times and began stripping out, Daily first, then 240 Min as they froze the screen. With Renko and 30 min charts only for 3 instruments (GC, ES, CL) I am able to run using replay data without ever freezing. Monday live will tell. I'll try and figure out how to move this thread over. Again, thanks for the link as it led me to a good discussion on threads and how Ninjatrader has to load all charts for a specific instrument onto one thread. Now I'm running with less time charts but with all my indicators and add-ons.

Comment

There is a thread pool where the number of threads depends on the number of available virtual processors (cores + available hyperthreading) and most likely there is a race condition or deadlock condition in the NT core which is why it's so hard to reproduce, and why if you remove just one chart it doesn't happen.

I have some similar freezes that have been going on for years. I've tried turning them in to NT various times but they've not so far been resolved. Often, when I restart, I'll also delete the db -> cache, although it's unclear if this is necessary.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort