X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free OrderFlow Ladder (SuperDOM column)

UPDATED (03/07/2023)
    Version: 0.4.3

Download (Ninjatrader Ecosystem): https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...perdom-column/
    or
    Download (Github): https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/TraderLadder/releases

User Guide: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Tr...iki/User-Guide

Simple Free Ladder for those of y'all that use orderflow. I wrote a SuperDOM column that can display the following:
    • Last trade size
    • Buys / Sells in a sliding time window (defaults to 30 seconds)
      • Imbalance detection
    • Buy/Sell Delta in sliding window​
    • Last prints or Largest prints at price in sliding window
    • Potential ICE executions
    • Session Buys / Sells
      • Imbalance detection
    • Bid/Ask
    • Bid/Ask histogram
    • Bid/Ask updates (aka stacking / pulling)
    • Session Volume + histogram
    • Developing Volume (configurable sliding window)​
    • Custom notes at price levels (local CSV or file from a webserver)
    • If in a position,
      • Current P/L
      • Session P/L
      • Account cash value
    Having said that, you'll still need to use the built-in ladder for order entries. It's not perfect, but hey, it is free and it works

Here are some screenshots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ladder0.4.3.png Views:	915 Size:	196.3 KB ID:	1238602

Click image for larger version

Name:	ladder.png
Views:	1738
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1264285

Click image for larger version  Name:	withTotals.PNG Views:	71 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	1201342
    Click image for larger version  Name:	full.PNG Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	1197220
    Click image for larger version  Name:	largest-trades.PNG Views:	0 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	1197221
    Last edited by gemify; 08-11-2023, 02:11 PM.

Hello gemify,

Thanks for your post. This is pretty cool!

Would you consider adding it on our User App Submission forum so it can be found on our User App Share?

Upload tools and add-ons that you build to share through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Absolutely! I already did : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...uperdom-column
      I understand it is pending moderator approval

Comment

Thanks gemify,

There was an issue where the zip file was not added as an attachment. I've informed our Marketing Associate in charge of the User App Submission forum that you previously added the zip file here, and I have sent it his way.

Comment

Hi!

I tried to install the indicator, but it gave the following error...

Failed to import. the ninjascript file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your pc, modify a method signature that other scripts depended on, or be missing a required file on the pc or import file

Thanks for listening !

Comment

Hello ENZOMATT,

You could consider opening the zip file, and dropping SuperDomColumns\OrderFlowTools\GemsTraderLadder.cs into the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ folder so it resides in the following path:

Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\SuperDomColumns\OrderFlowTools\GemsTr aderLadder.cs

After it is located there, you can open a NinjaScript Editor and press F5 to compile NinjaScript and check for compile errors. We will either see compile errors pointing to this file, or to another file which would be the duplicate. If you see the duplicate file, you can right click in the error grid and select "Exclude From Compilation" to prevent the duplicate from creating compile errors.

If a duplicate file is not shown in the error grid, you can test temporarily removing (you can move these to your desktop) the .cs files from within the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\SuperDomColumns\ folder and recompiling until the error no longer appears and the conflict will be found.

If you need additional help resolving compiling errors/removing conflicting scripts, please do not hesitate to open an email ticket with platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so we can assist you more closely.

Comment

Hi Gemify

You are an absolute legend for creating this!!!. It has added so much value to the Ninjatrader SuperDom.

A definite game changer.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Jim, I follow the steps and was able to delete the duplicate file and it compiled without errors. However, I do not see the option in the DOM column to select it for use. I didn't see OrderFlowTools in my Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\SuperDomColumns\ where I place the file. I don't know if that is affecting my ability to use the tool, I have a lifetime license. Click image for larger version

Name:	DOM column.PNG
Views:	5548
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1176015Click image for larger version

Name:	Path.PNG
Views:	5452
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1176016

Comment

Hello JustinaM,

"@@" at the beginning of a script means that script is excluded from compilation. It would mean that the script is not being compiled and would not be not accessible from the SuperDOM Column menu in the SuperDOM window.

You could rename that file to remove the "@@" and then recompile to be able to add that column. If you still get compile errors, you can test removing other scripts that are installed and recompiling until the errors go away, and you will know what is conflicting with gemify's script.

Otherwise, you could also consider creating a clean environment, importing this script, and then testing to import other scripts until you see there is a conflict error. Testing that way will point out what other script is the conflict, and then you can remove that script from your original environment.

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
                  1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" Do not delete this folder.
                  2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
                  3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder
                  4. Reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  5. Import the SuperDOM Column script gemify shared
                  6. Test importing other scripts until you see an unable to import error. This script would be the conflict that would have to be removed on the original platform folder so you can compile and use gemify's script.
                  If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.
                  For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response and the information!

Comment

Thanks Gemify for this tool. It really is super helpful. Would you be available to talk sometime offline?

Comment

Hi Jim!

Thank you very much for your answer, but I couldn't solve the program, I found the error, deleted the file and started to appear in other paid files that I have, with the same error.

What is your email so that I can get in touch directly with you who are aware of the subject.

graciously

Enzo

Comment

Hello Enzo,

Thanks for your message.

Any Platform Support technician will be able to help with compile errors and can test manually importing a script to see where there is a conflict.

I will be out of the office for the next hour, but you may open a ticket with platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] to mention you are having issues with compile errors importing a script from the user app share, and would like to schedule a remote support session to resolve those errors.

Comment

It looks like some folk had a class ambiguity issue - with two LadderRow classes - NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.LadderRow and NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LadderRow. I've updated the attached zip (in the top post) to use the fully qualified name (NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.LadderRow). Hope this helps.

I'll try to fix issues as I (or you) find them. I'm also refactoring and cleaning up the code for better maintainability.
                            Please let me know if something doesn't look right.

Thank you for your help!
                            Last edited by gemify; 11-08-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Updated attachment (top post) with source.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Perr0Grande  
                              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elderan