Collapse

Free OrderFlow Ladder (SuperDOM column)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added this indicator to the SuperDOM and configured it. Unfortunately I am not seeing anything. Do I need level 2 data for it to work? I am trading a prop account. Thanks

Comment

Hi Neeqone, here's the functionality list that will work with a Level I data feed:
      - Sliding window Buys/Sells
      - Imbalance detection
      - Session Buys/Sells
      - BIce/SIce
      - Volume profile
      - Notes
      - Orderflow strength (OFS) bar
      - Best bid/offer

Level II is required for the following:
      - Full bid/ask stack
      - Bid/Ask stacking/pulling

HTH.

Comment

Neeqone, I stand corrected. Another trader pointed out that the ladder is not displaying trades without L2. I believe I understand the underlying cause, but I'll need to do some testing without an L2 feed to make sure it works as expected. I'll post back here when I have an update.

Comment

This is what I am get with my current config of the indicator.

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	sdom.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	1224781

Comment

Hi, gemify

First off amazing work here. What you've done is freaking awesome. I just downloaded this. I also wanted to ask if you happen to know why the data isnt loading in real time. I have to manually refresh the dom to update/populate the columns on your ladder.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Comment

gemify
              Member​Rudimentary hidden/ice columns (I named them BIce and SIce )
              • These columns display cumulative executions that exceed the corresponding bid and ask sizes. I'll let you decide if there's real alpha in this data that is displayed in these columns, but from what I've seen so far, it can be telling which way participants are leaning, given how many executions exceed the bid and offer sizes. (executions from today's FOMC period were interesting to watch).
              Thanks so much for this addition!! I've been playing with it today and setting up my colors. One question I have is whether the SIce (or conversely BIce) represent quantities traded on the BID as Sell trades (conversely trades on the ASK as Buy trades). It can get a little confusing but what I'm trying to understand are whether trade quanties in SIce column are > the current disseminated BID suggesting an ICE/Hidden order to BUY?

I can make a road sign seem complicated sorry
              Regards
              Bruce
              Last edited by trymph; 11-25-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, Thank you very much gemify for this indicator, do you have any video tutorials on how to use it to enter trades ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post
                  trymph, you're too kind - thank you for the idea!

As for the histograms, the current version (v.0.4.1) already has the option to display BIce and SIce as histograms. Hope this helps.
                  YES helps...my bad as I should have seen that myself which brings me to wonder if column sizing is already there somewhere that I'm too careless to also find. Since I just trade YM there are rarely BUYS/SELLS > 3 digits but the SIce/BIce would benefit for me with larger column width for relative histogram size visuals. Screen real estate is always an issue so just would like to use some of the BUYS/SELLS column width for the SIce/BIce columns.

Today's Consumer Confidence numbers market reaction was an amazing test of ALPHA for the SIce/BIce addition....THANKS!! It seems that the Imbalance indicators' colors in the BUY/SELL columns adjacent to the SIce/BIce columns MAY be a clue to "trapped" positions for an early heads up to potential forced position closing stop out IEDs out there. Just seeming to line up that way not sure yet. Also, SIce/BIce helped prevent me from opening a position in a few instances where my other "tricks" in the bag were pointing to a potential trade. I use over bot/sold RSI and Delta Footprints to fade retracement retests (or initially and not waiting when I've lost my discipline) and the SIce/BIce seemed to indicate some bigger snakes in lurking the grass <g>.

Anyway still collecting internally for my human AI data base...........Great stuff as always and hope the column sizing is not too big a deal if you can make that happen.

Regards
                  Bruce

Last edited by trymph; 12-01-2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Hello, and first of all thank you for this Superdom column. It could really help me but i ran into a problem. I dont see the numbers on it. (Sells, buys, bids, asks session sells, session buys). Do you have any solution idea for this? Thanks. gemify
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Névtelen.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.8 KB ID:	1232467
                    Last edited by Adams01; 01-24-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

gemify Can you help?

Comment

I have a favor to ask. A few folks have pointed out that the ladder doesn't work with Level I data. I have an update that should work on L1 feeds but I need a couple of people to test it out to make sure that it does. Please feel free to test this new version out. If you can let me know what you find, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

Neeqone
                        Adams01
                        edavilaxxx
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MohammedAmine View Post
                          Hey guys, Thank you very much gemify for this indicator, do you have any video tutorials on how to use it to enter trades ?

Thank you
                          Hi MohammedAmine, I haven't made any videos that explain use of the ladder.

There's a youtube video that I came across that uses this free ladder. I have not interacted with this gentleman personally, but from what I see, he does a great job explaining how to use orderflow:
                          In this video I introduce the best FREE Order Flow Trading Ladder for Ninjatrader 8Gemify&#8217;s Free Trading Ladder - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-s...

Having said that, there are several videos that explain the concept of reading orderflow and using it to make trades. Also, I believe there are a lot of experienced traders here on NT that might be able to point you in the right direction.
                          Hope this helps.
                          Last edited by gemify; 01-29-2023, 04:43 PM.

Comment

This is exceptional.

There is an absolutely massive segment of traders that needs this type of functionality, who don't even consider Ninja.

If the Ninja devs finally are able to build out some OG orderflow analysis tools that would be amazing for the company and the brokerage side of the business I'm sure.

Extremely generous of you to share so freely and I'm grateful to have the chance to learn some of the ways you have coded this that I'm currently working on in my own projects.

Comment

WalterSkinner, you are too kind. I'm glad the code is helpful.

Comment

What is the possibility of increasing the time duration of pulling and stacking... it disappears very fast....Thanks for such a cool tool

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post chbruno