Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Ok, as per the hanging data load, can you please check if you can reproduce the issue tomorrow around the same time. You mention it does not occur after 07:00 GMT +0, please test it before this time.

In order to troubleshoot the crashes that occurred when you were running strategies, we will need your workspace and strategies.

Can you please send me your trace file for today again. The trace file you posted does not list any crashes, however it only contains data up to 4:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    It was a chart showing an instrument on the real-time price feed.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

This middle mouse click, do you remember if it was during market replay?

If so this issue has been identified and will be resolved in the next release.

Thanks again for reporting..

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    NT didn't crash because I didn't hang around waiting for it to crash. I saw the first symptom and realised it was game over, so I exited and started again.

I did experience a couple of "real" crashes this morning too, including the one I described a while back in an email to you - unfortunately I have no reference for it because your built-in email submission system doesn't let me see a list of all the submission I've made. However it was triggered by the middle mouse button click on the chart window.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    I am referring to the crashes that occurred while you had strategies running (post # 5-6).

You currently report that NinjaTrader gets stuck on loading data. However it does not crash - I checked your latest trace file but it does not list a crash. So these are two separate issues.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    I've already stated 3 times that the strategies I use were not even set up when this issue first occurred. The strategy tab was empty.

All this morning during this long phase of misfunction, the strategies were not running and had not been run during the current power cycle.

Yes I had positions on and yes I had orders in the market but the strategies were not running and the file resources used by the strategies were not open or locked or in any way touched by NT since I had restarted the computer.

I was desperately trying to ascertain whether the data NinjaTrader had for the instruments was correct or corrupt, another NT issue I have open with you. If the data was corrupt, I would reload the historical data before enabling the strategies.

Just because you can't reproduce it doesn't mean it has anything to do with my strategy.

As you can probably figure out, I am not going to send you my strategy.

If you therefore can't help any more, then thanks and I'll probably speak to you soon about another issue.

By the way, the hanging data load has not recurred since 07:00 GMT+0.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

To troubleshoot the initial issue, can you please send me your strategies as well.

I checked your trace file, however it did not contain information why NinjaTrader hangs. The last data that is loaded from IQFeed reflected in the trace file is related to the USDJPY.

2010-11-09 04:42:56:091 (IQFeed) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='$USDJPY' from='2010-11-01' to='2010-11-09' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''

2010-11-09 04:42:59:024 (IQFeed) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='$USDJPY' from='2010-11-09' to='2010-11-09' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Forex'

2010-11-09 04:43:00:241 (IQFeed) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='$USDJPY' from='2010-11-08' to='2010-11-08' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Forex'

However no error or any other indication of an issue is listed. Can you please try a reboot of your PC or restart of NinjaTrader and check if NinjaTrader continues to hang when data is loaded.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    This is an ongoing disaster. I can't get NT up and running.

For the last 5 attempts or so, NT hangs on loading a chart and the last couple of times it is $EURAUD. The other charts are not a problem. It doesn't matter if I try EURAUD first or after loading 5 others.

PS In case it's relevant, I have chart trader open on the chart all the time. Although EURAUD has no positions or orders or even strategies running against it.
    Last edited by adamus; 11-08-2010, 11:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    And again.

This time I was able to view all 22 instruments one after the other, and to reload historical data, but on selecting the first instrument again, it hung.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    NT has just hung again on loading data for a chart.

As above, I had no strategies running, I had the Market Analyzer open and I had one chart window. I had checked the charts for about 8 other instruments until the last one hung.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Recurrence of crashes

I have just started the computer. I started up IB TWS and then NT7 and the workspace with a Market Analyzer and a Chart opened automatically.

I then made connections to IB, and 2nd, IQFeed.

I waited until the Market Analyzer had populated its indicator column.

I chose the first symbol in the default list for the chart. $AUDCAD.

I started the strategy on this instrument.

I changed the chart to the second instrument, $AUDCHF, and then clicked the Enabled box for the strategy. However the Control Center went into "not responding" state. The Windows Task Manager showed full CPU usage on one core, and the Physical Memory Usage started climbing. After a few minutes I killed NT7.

Starting again, I open NT7, the workspace opened, I connected to IB and then IQFeed, and this time I thought I would check the charts first. I left the strategies, and just cycled through the instruments in the chart window. I got through about 6 instruments and then I saw that $EURAUD was missing some bars, so I right-clicked and chose "Reload all historical data".

The words "Loading data....." appeared in the top left of the chart and remain there now, 10 minutes later.

So at this point there are no strategies running and there are no resources open - I just double checked.

Please find the workspace files and the trace / log files attached.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

Can you please send us your workspace you have opened when the crashes occur. Please send us all strategies you use as well, so we can take a look for any loose ends with custom resources not being disposed properly.

You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

If the files are larger than 3 MB, please use www.filexpressit.com to send the files.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
    Adamus, unfortunately my IB connection is not cooperating at the moment.
    I know that feeling.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Austin
    replied
    Adamus, unfortunately my IB connection is not cooperating at the moment. I'll either check this out later tonight or have someone else take a look tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    regarding the file handle, I open a file in the initialize() and keep the reference to it in a variable. Then I write stuff to it onBarUpdate(), and close it on terminate().

As I said though, one of these crashes occurred when I didn't have any strategies set up or running, so the file handle is a red herring.

To reproduce the error exactly I can't give you any better info than I did in my first post - I switched to the chart and selected GBPUSD and it crashed. That was one time. The other times were similar.

I was connected either to IB on its own with historical data enabled, or I was connected to IB first with historical data disabled and secondly to IQFeed.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post lightsun47  
Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post 00nevest